Translate♥

sábado, 2 de mayo de 2020

A challenging but fruitful week


This week was pretty productive for me! First, I finished my Research Seminar course with a perfect score so I feel proud to say that I could sail through my research project against the odds. Cheers on that! :D

I also got two more professional practices in my basket this week! That means I'm missing only two more to go. Despite the 180° change, my life had these last months, I was able to adapt my academic habits to succeed in practices. I am fairly lucky that I get along with my group of students because that made the classes smoother and more interesting. All of them were always willing to participate in the tasks I that's something that every teacher appreciates of their classes.

The most significant thing I learned from this week's practices was that e-teachers must be particularly careful about how do we provide our students with feedback. For comfortability purposes, I use the chatbox as a whiteboard to explain any grammar questions my students could have but yet, I need to make sure they understand correctly because each one can interpret the same sentence in different ways when they just read it. So, as a strategy, I like to ask some students to paraphrase either through the chatbox or by activating their mics one at a time to participate orally and that worked for me!


In other news, I keep going on my Business English course which I find every day more and more useful for my work with the Business advanced course I'm teaching.  I think that's it for now!

2 comentarios:

  1. You're thriving Allison! That's so cool! I'm happy for you and I agree that a participating group makes classes more pleasant.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. yes! Feedback should be given in different ways, use all the tools at your disposal.

    ResponderEliminar