Translate♥

jueves, 14 de mayo de 2020

The last push!!

So, what happened this semester? or better said: WHAT DIDN'T HAPPEN?

It never crossed my mind that we would experience a paradigm shift like this and today I can say I took a lot out of this quarantine. Yet, I feel quite grateful for being able to stay at home with my family, my cat, and still stay in touch with my close friends and Professors through this amazing invention: The Internet. 📺📱Only then, did I understand the importance of being prepared as a teacher to adapt my work in an efficient way.

In the beginning, I was reluctant to perform my professional practices in a face-to-face way because of my insecurities, and wh would've thought that I would end up giving them online! My lesson planning process gave a 180° turn because never had I performed an entire online class, therefore, I was fairly overwhelmed for choosing and designing the correct materials, for having the enough command of the platforms and for not showing myself nervous. 

About six weeks have been since then, and I can't describe this rewarding feeling of mine. I had more than one frustrating episode for technical issues during class, or because I had to take a time filler out of my sleeve in the right way. However I also had really funny times along with my students, despite being strangers, we got a good rapport, we interacted as much as possible with the resources at hand, and I learned endless things from them as well as they did from me. :)

I am definitely a way better version of the teachers I used to be when starting to write in this blog. :) I'm looking forward to seeing myself grow in next semester.... CPE, here I go! 

4 comentarios:

  1. Ali, what a wonderful entry! Thank you for sharing with us this insightful perspective of what this quarantine period had brought to us. I am sure you got the most out of it and that challenges to come will always find you more prepared. Best of luck in the CPE exam. You can do it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. As I was reading your blog I was like OMG this is extremely relatable, I really like your writing it was engaging. And, about the content I am pretty much glad you're doing your best!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. One day, when I turn into an adult, I want to become like you :3
    I'm trying my best too. I'll keep preparing myself and then, when the time comes, I'll have a good story to tell when I get my CPE :D

    I'm looking forward to it.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thanks for sharing your teaching journey during this quarantine, the ups and downs. I really enjoyed reading your blog and i also learned alot.

    ResponderEliminar